- 400g Skinless free-range chicken breasts
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Mango
- 1 Capsicum (Red)
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 bunch Fresh coriander
- 1 Red or Yelow Chilli (optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 half lemon
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- To Taste Herbs & Spices
A tasty and healthy meal for the whole family. Serverd on a bed of Quinoa which is gluten-free and packed with both protein and fibre. For a Paleo version, simple replace the quinoa with cauliflower rice.
- Cook quinoa as per packet instructions.
- Toss the chicken breasts with olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and your favorite herbs and spices (eg. paprika). Fold inside some grease proof paper then bash to flatten the chicken to around 1.5cm thick with a rolling pin.
- Place on oven tray with de-seeded sliced capsicum and chilli. Bake until chicken cooked through (around 20min).
- Peel and cut the mango and avocado into chunks.
- When the quinoa is cooked, drain and rinse under the cold water, make sure all water gone then tip on to a large plate or platter and season to taste.
- Sprinkle the avocado, mango and cooked peppers over the quinoa.
- Slice up the chicken in nice thin slices and add to the salad. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter over some coriander leaves to serve.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0